Thursday, April 26, 2012

My Future Husband...My Answered Prayer

Most people don't know our story...mine and Michael's story that is. I definitely think this story is worth sharing with all of you. God works in amazing ways, and our relationship is a true testimony of His love.

My freshman year at Arkansas Tech was a new adventure for me. At the time my cousin's boyfriend was in SigEp, a fraternity on campus. Knowing that I was new to campus Kirk Hall, who is now married to my cousin Shannon, had told both Michael and I about each other. He told us that we should meet. We added each other on facebook, but until November of 2010 we never spoke to each other.

Little did I know that going to a SigEp formal would give me an opportunity to meet the love of my life. I noticed Michael standing across the room and couldn't help but want to introduce myself. I walked over and did just that. Although our conversation was short, it opened the door to what is now a lifetime of love.

A couple weeks after formal came Thanksgiving week. I had been cramming at the library and was about to leave. As I was walking out of the library I noticed Michael and several of his SigEp friends. They had just left a SigEp meeting, which ironically was a Zales seminar on how to pick the perfect diamond when the right time came along. I stopped and talked to him for a moment. It was obvious he and his friends were goofing off. After telling him I had a calculus test the next day and I needed to get some rest we went our separate ways.The next day we started messaging each other on facebook. I told him I had hoped he didn't get into too much trouble the night before, but then he said something that caught my attention. He asked how my calculus test went. This guy hardly knew who I was, but he remembered I had a test and asked me about it. What a sweet guy! We continued messaging through the week, even while we were celebrating Thanksgiving with our families.

Here is where the story gets even more special. Oblivious to what was about to happen, I had written in a book exactly what I wanted in my future husband. I prayed that God would send me the man He had intended for me. Here is what I wrote.




This was dated Novermber 24th. Michael asked me on our first date November 29th. I cannot tell you how much Michael fits every description in this book. He is everything that I had prayed for and more. God is truly amazing in that He saw my heart, and He blessed me! P.S. when I said family will be second most important to him, that's because God should be first! 
Our first date was so fun! Michael picked me up at my dorm and took me to eat at Colton's! We had steaks and sweet potatoes! Then on to the movies from there! After Michael had dropped me off that evening he texted me and asked me on a second date! :)

It's really all history from there. We fell in love and have made many beautiful memories over the past 17 months.

Michael is truly my best friend, my other half, my soul mate. He loves me unconditionally, supports me in all that I do, and works hard everyday to prepare for our life together. There has never been a doubt in my mind that God placed us in one another's lives. I know God had chosen us for each other before we were even born. Each new day in our relationship brings an adventure and an opportunity for us to become closer. I look forward to a hundred + years of marriage to Michael. I can't imagine a day of my life without my answered prayer by my side. My prayer now is that through our lives together God will use us. I hope that He will use us as a unified couple, and someday as parents. We have such an exciting road ahead!

Our story...well it's to be continued!

Be Blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment